|At the launch of the SPP Project
The Swiss-Ghana Sustainable Public Procurement Project is a three year project being implemented by the Public Procurement Authority and financed by the Swiss Government with a $ 2.7 million grant. The project’s aim is to improve the public procurement practices of the Government of Ghana by introducing sustainable public procurement.
Ghana has been involved for the past few years in the field of Sustainable Public Procurement through the Marrakech Process. SPP is one of the areas where Ghana is a key player and form part of the Marrakech Task Force (MTF) on Sustainable Public Procurement (SPP), which is led by the Switzerland. Ghana is considered to be among the few developing countries to be ready to undertake the SPP.
The project will achieve its aim through:
- The establishment of the Ghana Task Force on Sustainable Public Procurement-a multi-stakeholder group to lead the process of introducing sustainable public procurement. Ghana Task Force on Sustainable Public Procurement
- Development of Government Policy on SPP
- Awareness creation programmes for public organizations, procurement officers and procurement boards on SPP
- Training of procurement officers, practitioners, consultants on SPP
- Re-design of Standard Tender documents
- Training private sector on SPP.